Today's civilian job market is highly competitive and demands well-prepared, thoughtful individuals, able to stand out from their military and civilian competition. Leadership experience alone will not automatically open employers' doors to you, so it is critical to develop a comprehensive strategy to land the right job and achieve early success in your new position.
Many traditional transition courses devote most of the curriculum to resume-writing, interviewing skills and acquiring a business wardrobe. In fact, effective military to civilian transition is a far more complex process and includes many other components you will need to understand in order to adapt to a new culture and new way of doing business. The better prepared you are, the more likely you will find a rewarding civilian career to match your personal and professional aspirations.
The Military Executive Transition (MET) program is a workshop geared toward preparing military leaders for civilian career success.
[2024 MET DATES: March 22 (In-Person)]
- Cultural component of the transition into civilian life.
- Building a stronger and broader network to accelerate your job search and professional success.
- Strategies for using recruiters and the opportunity for a group discussion with an experienced executive recruiter.
- Identifying mentors and developing professional relationships.
- Key lessons designed to engender success during the first three months in your new position.
- The opportunity to participate in a simulated human resources interview.
- A moderated panel of your successfully-transitioned colleagues who are now either self-employed or working in the public, private, nonprofit and academic sectors.
Registration costs range depending on MOAA Membership level. For in-person events:
- $175 for non-members and BASIC Members
- $125 for PREMIUM Members
- $75 for LIFE Members
For virtual events:
- Basic and Non-Members: $75
- PREMIUM Members: $30
- LIFE Members: $15
A continental breakfast, catered lunch, and professional LinkedIn profile photos are included in the registration fee. Business attire is recommended.
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your full name, the date you are interested in attending, your daytime phone number, and your MOAA membership number (if applicable).