NEW: Submitting Your Book
NOTE: Due to a variety of factors connected to the COVID-19 pandemic, MOAA is not accepting physical book submissions at this time. Please follow the instructions below for submitting your information to us for inclusion in the Member Books section of Military Officer; titles eligible for review will be forwarded to our review for consideration, and MOAA will obtain review copies as required.
Please email your submission to firstname.lastname@example.org with "Member Book" in the subject line and include all of the following: Title, ISBN, publisher, release date, author's rank/service, author's MOAA member number (if known), and where to buy the book online.
Feel free to reach out to us at (800) 234-6622 with any questions.
Welcome to MOAA’s Member Books Page
Here you can find a list of recent works from MOAA members spanning all genres, plus links to purchase the works that will benefit your fellow members … and could help MOAA’s charitable efforts.
You'll find links to submissions below, grouped by year.
- 2022 Member Books
- 2021 Member Books
- 2020 Member Books
- 2019 Member Books
- 2018 Member Books
- 2017 Member Books
- 2016 Member Books
- 2015 Member Books
- 2014 Member Books
Click here to learn how to use Amazon Smile to purchase many of these books while supporting The MOAA Foundation or the MOAA Scholarship Fund.
[RELATED: MOAA's Military Professional Reading List]
Send Us Your Book!
If you're a MOAA member who has written a book bearing an ISBN, submit a nonreturnable copy with a brief description to MOAA Member Books, 201 N. Washington St., Alexandria, VA 22314-2539. Be sure to include:
- Your MOAA Member Number
- Where your book is available for sale, either online (Amazon, Barnes and Noble, etc.) or via phone/mail.
- Your book’s genre (fiction, nonfiction, memoir, etc.)
Author's name, book title, publisher, and ISBN will appear in Military Officer magazine and online.
Book Listing and Review Policy
Some notes for MOAA authors about book reviews published in Military Officer and at MOAA.org:
- Not all member books will be reviewed.
- You must be a Premium or Life Member to have your book listed in Military Officer magazine or on the MOAA.org member books page. Learn more about membership upgrades here.
- Non-members may submit only for the purpose of a review.
- Our reviewer only reviews non-fiction books.
- Please keep in mind that there is no guaranteed date when the listing will appear in Military Officer or online.
- MOAA does not purchase books from members for the purposes of review.
- Reviews are commissioned and published at the discretion of the Military Officer editorial staff. Have a question or suggestion? Email email@example.com.